Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre mar 29, 2024 5:53 am

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 66 inlägg ]  Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör aug 21, 2010 8:03 pm 
Maia
Användarvisningsbild

Jag tror inte att det sägs någonstans vilka färger de kunde ha. Skuggfaxe var inte vit utan grå, men det är ju möjligt att alla mearas var antingen grå eller vita.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör aug 21, 2010 8:11 pm 
Sinda

Beledhel skrev:
Jag tror inte att det sägs någonstans vilka färger de kunde ha. Skuggfaxe var inte vit utan grå, men det är ju möjligt att alla mearas var antingen grå eller vita.

Är nog filmen som ställde till det för mig. Hur var det med méaras (stavar jag rätt!?) fanns det bara en åt gången eller var de en hel jord? Var länge sedan jag läste SfM.. Var méaras maiar i häst-form? Eller var de "vanliga" djur som välsignads i Valinor?

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör aug 21, 2010 11:58 pm 
Master of Doom

Encyclopedia of Arda skrev:
In the old north of Middle-earth lived a proud race of wild horses, long-lived, wise and fleet of foot. The legends of Men said that their ancestors had been brought from the West by Béma, their name for the Vala Oromë.

(There are two contradictory accounts of the origins of the mearas. According to Éomer, they were descended from Felaróf, the great horse of Eorl. On the other hand, there was a popular tale among the Rohirrim that the ancestors of these horses were brought to Middle-earth by Oromë from Aman. This tale seems to be mere legend, though, as Éomer's account is confirmed by Tolkien himself in Unfinished Tales. The date of III 2510 used above is the date Eorl rode Felaróf into the south to the aid of Gondor.)

One of these was captured as a foal by Léod of the Éothéod. It grew into a strong white horse, but when Léod tried to mount it, it threw him and killed him. Léod's son Eorl took the horse himself, naming him Felaróf. Felaróf was one of the greatest horses to have ever lived, and was said to understand the speech of Men. He carried Eorl when the Éothéod rode south to Rohan, and there sired a race of horses nearly as great as himself.

These were the Mearas, noble horses that lived as long as a Man, and had extraordinary strength and intelligence. Throughout their history, they would only allow themselves to be ridden by the Lord of the Mark or his sons. This long tradition was broken by Gandalf, who managed to train the greatest of the Mearas of his time, Shadowfax, and rode that mighty horse throughout the War of the Ring.

The word Mearas comes from an Anglo-Saxon word meaning simply 'horses'. Its singular form would be mearh, but no character in The Lord of the Rings ever uses that word.

Det här utdraget från The Encyclopedia of Arda borde besvara alla dina frågor i förra inlägget. :)

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre aug 27, 2010 3:53 pm 
Östring
Användarvisningsbild

jag tror dom var vita i sagan om ringen rollspelet det är där jag fått det ifrån

Inläggsrubrik: Re: Favoritdjur?
InläggPostat: fre apr 18, 2014 8:18 pm 
Uruk

Shadow and flame (om man räknar det som ett "djur") Gillar stora farliga bestar. Annas Skuggfaxe och Sams ponny (som jag för tillfället glömt namnet på) som de köpte av Bert Färne.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik: Re: Favoritdjur?
InläggPostat: lör apr 19, 2014 6:46 am 
Noldo

Thorondor, Gwawhir, Landroveral

Och som Elanor, Gothmog!

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 66 inlägg ]  Gå till sida Föregående  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme