Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre mar 29, 2024 12:30 pm

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 11 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 25. Moria:Flykt från balrogen, trasig trappa, Gandalf faller
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 6:42 pm 
Redaktionen

<The Fellowship runs out the rear door of the chamber into a high, ornate hall of pillars with a ray of light breaking through from some high shaft. The Fellowship is closely pursued by an army of Orcs. Other Orcs spring out from the floor or crawl from the ceiling and down the pillars, like spiders. They surround the Fellowship, who have drawn their weapons outward in a circle. The Orcs snarl and leer at the frightened faces. Just then, a fiery light appears at the end of a hall followed by a thunderous rumble. The Orcs, dismayed, flee, panicking, in all directions.>

<Gandalf and the Fellowship are left alone. The old wizard stares down the hall.>

<<Boromir: What is this new devilry?>>

<Gandalf does not respond for a moment. He closes his eyes, concentrating. The rumble is heard again. Gandalf opens his eyes, and they look grim and solemn.>

<<Gandalf: A Balrog— a demon of the ancient world.>>

<The thing growls, still hidden around a corner of the vast hall, throwing fiery light on the pillars. Legolas’s eye show only fear— he clearly knows what the beast is.>

<<Gandalf: This foe is beyond any of you. <he turns> Run!>>

<The Fellowship runs between the rows of pillars and comes to a small doorway in the wall. Gandalf shepherds them through.>

<<Gandalf: Quickly!>>

<He takes a last glance behind him, and follows.>

<The Fellowship enters a passageway and goes down a flight of steps. The flight ends in a missing segment, and Boromir nearly falls into fires below but Legolas pulls him back. His torch whirls away into the vast underworld beneath; the Hobbits too stop short of falling in. Last of all comes weary Gandalf, who leans upon a wall.>

<<Aragorn: Gandalf!>>

<<Gandalf: Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!>>

<They look across a wide space to a long bridge spanning the gap between a hall and a cliff face. Away behind them, the Balrog roars again.>

<Aragorn moves towards Gandalf, but Gandalf pushes Aragorn roughly away from him.>

<<Gandalf: Do as I say!>>

<Hurt and confusion register on Aragorn’s face.>

<<Gandalf: Swords are no more use here!>>

<The Balrog roars again. The Fellowship descend a flight of stairs twisting into the fiery depths, rising from the ground far below. The Fellowship encounters a gap in the stairs. Legolas leaps forward and lands on the other side.>

<The Balrog’s rumbles tear through the fiery light. Foundations splinter and crumble, sending huge rocks tumbling into the depths.>

<<Legolas: <beckoning> Gandalf.>>

<Gandalf leaps after him.>

<Arrows whistle into the air from a far ledge, striking the stone steps at their feet, where Gandalf had stood but a moment ago. Legolas shoots back. His arrow rises through the air and pierces the skull of an Orc. The Orc tumbles down from his ledge.>

<<Boromir: Merry! Pippin! Hoo-aah!>>

<He leaps across the gap. A fierce exchange of arrows follow from the stairs to the ledge.>

<<Aragorn: Sam.>>

<He pitches Sam to the other side where the Hobbit is caught by Boromir.>

<Aragorn reaches to pick up Gimli.>

<<Gimli: <holds up his hand> Nobody tosses a dwarf.>>

<He leaps forward but nearly falls back into the chasm. Legolas grabs his beard and pulls him up.>

<<Gimli: Not the beard!>>

<Some of the stone steps crumble and fall into the abyss. Aragorn pushes Frodo back up the steps and clambers after him, struggling up. They climb to their feet and look at the widened gap that separates them from the rest of the fellowship.>

<<Aragorn: <laying a hand on Frodo’s shoulder> Steady. <yelling> Hold on!>>

<The Balrog can be heard approaching from the other hall, its the fiery light getting closer. Stone structures around the mine collapse as it draws near. A huge rock falls from the ceiling and smashes through the steps behind Aragorn and Frodo, creating another gap behind them and weakening the stairs’ foundation. The stairs begin to wobble. Aragorn encourages the Hobbit, holding fast to his arm.>

<<Aragorn: Hang on! Lean forward!>>

<<Legolas: Come on!>>

<They shift their weight forward, tipping the stairs across the divide and slamming them onto the steps where their companions are. They leap across to safety, and many arms reach out to pull them over. Turning, they run down the stairs as the stone structures collapse behind them, crumbling and falling into the abyss.>

<Around a great pillar in a fiery hall comes Gandalf, leading the Fellowship. A wall of flame whirls behind them.>

<<Gandalf: Over the bridge! Fly!>>

<The Fellowship flee. Gandalf does not follow, but turns, looking into the wall of fire. A great form of black shadow leaps through the flames, its eyes of white fire, great ash-black horns curling around a bull-like head. It opens its maw, rippling heat pouring out with a rumble. Gandalf turns, running after the Fellowship. A great, black, cloven foot stomps down into the hall, bursting into flame. A narrow bridge of stone appears in the fiery light, and the Fellowship crosses the bridge. Gandalf turns to face the Balrog.>

<<Gandalf: You cannot pass!>>

<<Frodo: <watching from the other side> Gandalf!>>

<Great shadows like wings of ash whirl around the demon, which spreads its arms and bursts into cracking, bursting, thundering flame. Gandalf stands beneath it, staff and sword raised.>

<<Gandalf: I am the servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor…>>

<He begins to lift his staff. A blazing light radiates from it, illuminating the entire bridge, encircling the wizard in a globe of endless light.>

<<Gandalf: The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udûn!>>

<The Balrog heaves its arm upward, a sword of fire forming in its hand.>

<The Balrog strikes down on Gandalf, who parries the blow with his blade, shattering the Balrog’s sword. Glowing embers run off the circle of light around the wizard. The enraged monster bellows at the wizard. Frodo gasps. Aragorn runs forward.>

<<Gandalf: <clenching his teeth> Go back to the Shadow!>>

<A thread of flame issues from the Balrog’s maw, and it steps forward onto the bridge. The beats brandishes a flaming whip, lashing it about menacingly. Gandalf summons the last of his energy, and raises his sword and staff together into the air.>

<<Gandalf: YOU...SHALL NOT...PASS!!!>>

<Gandalf drives his staff into the bridge, causing a bright flash of blue light to appear. Flaring its nostrils, the Balrog steps forward onto the bridge. The bridge collapses from under it as it moves towards Gandalf, and breaks before the wizard’s staff. The demon plunges backward into the chasm, still wielding its glowing whip. Gandalf, exhausted, leans on his staff and watches the Balrog fall; he turns to follow the others. At the last second, the flaming whip lashes up from the depths of the abyss and winds about Gandalf’s ankle, dragging him over the edge. He clings onto the bridge but strains to keep his grip.>

<Frodo rushes forward but Boromir restrains him.>

<<Boromir: No, no!>>

<<Frodo: Gandaaaaalf!>>

<The wizard grasps vainly at the stone, looking into Frodo‘s eyes. He stops struggling.>

<<Gandalf: Fly, you fools!>>

<Gandalf lets go of the stone and falls into the chasm, spreading his arms, the light of the Balrog glimmering far below.>

<<Frodo: Noooooooooooooooo!!!!>>

<Boromir grabs hold of Frodo and starts to leave up a flight of stairs.>

<<Boromir: Aragorn!>>

<<Frodo: Noooooooooooo!!!>>

<Aragorn is stunned. He stares at the distant bridge in disbelief. For a moment he does not move, but then Orc arrows start whistling by once again, shooting at the companions. Dodging them, he turns and follows the others up the stairs.>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor dec 25, 2003 6:05 pm 
Sinda

Jag gillar Gandalfs kamp mot balrogen (fast den är bättre i boken), en av filmens bästa scener.

Mindre bra tycker jag det är med den sönderfallande trappan, där brödraskapet var tvugna att hoppa över avgrunden. Spännande? Nej!
Långtråkigt? Ja! Vem trodde väl att de inte skulle klara sig? Man sitter bara och väntar på att det skall bli klart nån gång, så att filmen kan gå vidare. Och varför inte slänga över Ringbäraren först?
Den biten är en typisk Hollywood-scen!

I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor dec 25, 2003 6:14 pm 
Mandos
Användarvisningsbild

Om det är något som är typiskt Hollywood så är det väl ändå Gimlis kommentar:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf." - Alv- och dvärgkonspirationen är amerikansk.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor dec 25, 2003 6:57 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Calaglin skrev:
Om det är något som är typiskt Hollywood så är det väl ändå Gimlis kommentar:
"Nobody tosses a dwarf." - Alv- och dvärgkonspirationen är amerikansk.
Jaa, och särskilt när det återkommer i Två Tornen om Gimlis hoppande

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre dec 26, 2003 12:42 am 
Vala
Användarvisningsbild

emil skrev:
Och varför inte slänga över Ringbäraren först?

Den frågan har jag också ställt mig!
Och varför de lutar sig åt fel håll för att hålla balansen då trappan rör sig?

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre dec 26, 2003 1:11 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Instinkt. När något man står på faller framåt lutar man sig automatiskt bakåt. Tror jag..

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre dec 26, 2003 6:08 pm 
Vala
Användarvisningsbild

Ja, det är så det ska vara, men i filmen lutar de sig lite hur som hälst..

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre dec 26, 2003 11:06 pm 
Mandos
Användarvisningsbild

Minotoria skrev:
Ja, det är så det ska vara, men i filmen lutar de sig lite hur som hälst..

En människa som håller i en (cirkus) 1.30 meter lång hob, bidrar nog till en
smula kass balansteknik. ;)

Inläggsrubrik: Re: 25. Moria:Flykt från balrogen, trasig trappa, Gandalf fa
InläggPostat: sön jan 23, 2011 12:21 am 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Citera:
<<Boromir: What is this new devilry?>>

Tittat snabbt i min svenska översättning (ohlmark eller vad han heter) förut idag och hittade ingen kommentar från Boromir eller andra som tycktes motsvara denna stämningshöjande men för mig lite underliga kommentar.
Devil-ry... står det så i Fellowship? Det kristet kopplade ordet känns lite malplacerat?

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: sön jan 23, 2011 12:17 pm 
Maia

Frasen "new devilry" används, fast det är Gandalf som yttrar den när sällskapet flyr mot bron och orcherna har tänt eldar för att skära av deras reträtt. "There is some new devilry here..."

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: sön jan 23, 2011 1:07 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Pellegrino skrev:
"There is some new devilry here..."

Aha, my bad then! Tack för infon! :)

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 11 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme