Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 6 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: Förlikning nådd mellan Tolkien Estate och New Line Cinema
InläggPostat: ons sep 02, 2009 2:06 pm 
Hobbit

En förlikning har nu nåtts mellan Tolkien Estate och New Line Cinema (om än en preliminär sådan) och därmed är filmen The Hobbit inte längre hotad av Tolkiens efterlevande.

Följande står att läsa på http://www.theonering.net/:
“A tentative settlement has been reached in the case. The parties have filed a stipulation that explicitly states that ‘the parties have entered into a binding term sheet settling this matter, which term sheet is subject to certain necessary ratifications, which may take up to several weeks to obtain.’

Min högst amatörmässiga översättning:
En preliminär förlikning har nu nåtts i målet. Parterna har ingått ett avtal som uttryckligen säger att 'parterna har ingått en bindande överenskommelse för att avgöra tvisten. Överenskommelsen måste genomgå vissa nödvändiga godkännanden, och detta kan ta upp till flera veckor.'

Det verkar med andra ord som att The Hobbit befinner sig på säker mark...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons sep 02, 2009 4:01 pm 
Dvärg

Yay! Låter bra. :D

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör sep 05, 2009 8:05 pm 
Noldo
Användarvisningsbild

Vad bra, har varit lite orolig.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån sep 07, 2009 11:01 am 
Noldo
Användarvisningsbild

det låter ju bra.. hoppas det förblir så

Dont say I didn't trye

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm 
Sinda

Nu är det officiellt!

Citera:
Here’s the official press release:

The Tolkien Trust (a UK registered charity), New Line Cinema, and HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. have resolved the lawsuit relating to the “Lord of the Rings” films.

The claim was filed in February of last year. HarperCollins Publishers Ltd. and the trustees of the JRR Tolkien Estate were co-plaintiffs in the claim, which concerned plaintiffs’ participation interest in the “Lord of the Rings” films released between 2001 and 2003. The precise terms of the settlement are confidential.

Commenting on the settlement, Christopher Tolkien said: “The Trustees regret that legal action was necessary, but are glad that this dispute has been settled on satisfactory terms that will allow the Tolkien Trust properly to pursue its charitable objectives. The Trustees acknowledge that New Line may now proceed with its proposed films of ‘The Hobbit.’”

Warner Bros.’ President & Chief Operating Officer Alan Horn said: “We deeply value the contributions of the Tolkien novels to the success of our films and are pleased to have put this litigation behind us. We all look forward to a mutually productive and beneficial relationship in the future.”

The “Lord of the Rings” films produced by New Line are among the most successful films ever created and were released in 2001, 2002 and 2003 respectively.

JRR Tolkien is the world-renowned author of works including “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit.” The Tolkien Trust is a UK registered charity that has made grants to charitable causes all over the world totaling over $8 million in the last five years alone.

Throughout its history, New Line has created a number of enduring film franchises, including the Lord of the Rings trilogy, “The Mask,” the Austin Powers titles, “Blade,” “Rush Hour,” “Elf,” “Sex and the City” and “Wedding Crashers.” New Line became a unit of Warner Bros. Entertainment in March 2008.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons sep 09, 2009 8:13 pm 
Noldo
Användarvisningsbild

Victory! Det blir film, hurra!

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 6 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme