Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: tor mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 3. Gandalf och Bilbo möts och samtalar
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 5:49 pm 
Redaktionen

<Outside Bag End, Gandalf pulls up his cart.>

<<Gandalf: Whoa, whoa.>>

He gets down and goes through the gate which bears a sign saying: "No admittance except on party business." Gandalf knocks on the door with his staff>

<<Bilbo: <from within> No thank you! We don't want any more visitors, well-wishers or distant relations!>>

<<Gandalf: And what about very old friends?>>

<Bilbo opens the door>

<<Bilbo (amazed): Gandalf?>>

<<Gandalf: Bilbo Baggins!>>

<<Bilbo: My dear Gandalf!>> <gives Gandalf a hug>

<<Gandalf: Good to see you! One hundred and eleven years old --who would believe it? <looks at Bilbo in astonishment> You haven't aged a day.>>

<Bilbo and Gandalf laugh as Bilbo bids Gandalf inside>

<<Bilbo: Come on, come in! Welcome, welcome! <closes door and takes Gandalf's hat and staff> Oh, here we are. Tea? Or maybe something a little stronger? I've got a few bottles of the Old Winyard left. 1296 --very good year. Almost as old as I am! Hahaha!

<Bilbo hangs up Gandalf's hat and disappears down the corridor on his hunt for refreshments.>

<<Bilbo: It was laid down by my father. What say we open one, eh?>>

<<Gandalf: Just tea, thank you.>>

<Gandalf, bent double, backs into the chandelier. He steadies it, but then bumps his head onto the beam and utters an "Ooooff ". Nursing the pain he enters Bilbo’s study and sees the map of the Lonely Mountain mounted on a frame. He picks it up to examine it. Meanwhile, Bilbo is pottering around in the kitchen.>

<<Bilbo (out of sight): I was expecting you sometime last week! Not that it matters, you come and go as you please. Always have done and always will. You caught me a bit unprepared, I'm afraid. We've only got cold chicken and a bit of pickle ... Oh, there's some cheese here- oh no, that won't do. Err, we got raspberry jam and an apple tart ... Not much for afters, I'm afraid. Oh, no -we're all right! I've found some sponge-cake. <enters the study> I could make you some eggs if you like-- oh. Gandalf?>>

<<Gandalf (appearing right behind Bilbo): Just tea, thank you.>>

<<Bilbo: Oh, right! <with mouthful of sponge-cake> You don't mind if I eat, do you?>>

<<Gandalf: Oh no, not at all.>>

<Gandalf sits down on a chair just inside the kitchen entrance. There is a sudden, incessant knocking on the door and a woman shouting: "Bilbo! Bilbo Baggins!">

<<Bilbo: <whispers> I'm not at home!>>

<He tiptoes up to the front window and peers out to identify the unwanted visitor.>

<<Bilbo: It's the Sackville-Bagginses!>>

<<Sackville-Baggins (outside): I know you're in there!>>

<<Bilbo (in alarm): They're after the house. They've never forgiven me for living this long!>>

<Still armed with his sponge-cake, Bilbo disappears hurriedly into the kitchen.>

<<Bilbo: I've got to get away from these confounded relatives hanging on the bell all day, never giving me a moment's peace!>>

<Bilbo puts down his cake and stares out his window while Gandalf tries to make himself comfortable at Bilbo's hobbit-sized table.>

<<Bilbo: I want to see mountains again, mountains Gandalf! And then find somewhere quiet where I can finish my book. Oh, tea! (He hurries to prepare the tea.)>>

<<Gandalf (still disposing his limbs): So, you mean to go through with your plan, then.>>

<<Bilbo: Yes, yes. It's all in hand. All the arrangements are made. <Gandalf lifts up the lid of a tea pot, Bilbo starts to pour water into it> Oh, thank you.>>

<<Gandalf: Frodo suspects something.>>

<<Bilbo: ‘Course he does. He's a Baggins! Not some block-headed Bracegirdle from Hardbottle.>>

<<Gandalf: You will tell him, won't you?>>

<<Bilbo: Yes, yes.>>

<<Gandalf: He's very fond of you.>>

<<Bilbo: (a pause. Bilbo looks away. An expression of regret comes over his face.) I know. <Bilbo again wanders over to his window.> He'd probably come with me if I asked him. <chuckles> I think, in his heart, Frodo's still in love with the Shire: the woods, the fields … little rivers. I'm old, Gandalf. <Bilbo comes away from the window> I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart.>>

<Gandalf's gaze is drawn downwards to Bilbo's waistcoat pocket as the Hobbit's fingers begins to fidget with something inside it. Gandalf frowns.>

<<Bilbo: I feel thin -- sort of stretched, like butter scraped over too much bread. <He sits down wearily at the table.> I need a holiday - a very long holiday - and I don't expect I shall return. In fact, I mean not to!>>

<Evening falls on Hobbiton. Bilbo and Gandalf sit peacefully smoking pipe outside Bag End. Below them, in the party field, sounds of laughter and revelry float up from a growing crowd of Hobbits preparing for their evening's entertainment. Torches and candles light a festive scene and everywhere food is rapidly filling up the space on wooden trestles>

<<Bilbo: Old Toby. The finest weed in the Southfarthing.>>

<Gandalf is unimpressed. Bilbo blows a large ring of smoke which hangs gently in the still air. Gandalf regards it for a moment, and then, sucking his cheeks in and out, blows a majestic, full-rigged ship that sails right through the ring.>

<<Bilbo: Ahh! Gandalf, my old friend. This will be a night to remember!>>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör dec 20, 2003 6:39 am 
Dúnadan
Användarvisningsbild

Tycker att Bilbos hem är lagom stökigt för att vara en gammal resande, men lite dunkelt och mörkt kanske? Å andra sidan kan det ju vara en abstrakt hint åt det hållet att ringen förtär honom men det vore långsökt...

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör dec 20, 2003 1:10 pm 
High King of the Noldor
Användarvisningsbild

Ja, det är nog lita långsökt. Jag tycker annars att Bag End är mycket bra, och väldigt likt hur Jag föreställde Mig det.

Så mycket erkänner Jag: PJ har lyckats väldigt bra med miljöerna. Amon Sûl är väl det främsta undantaget. Plus att väldigt många ställen är ljusa trots att de ej skall vara det.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: lör dec 20, 2003 3:10 pm 
Vala
Användarvisningsbild

Man får i alla fall synen av att Gandalf är mer än bara en lyckönskande person. Att Bilbo och Gandalf har stött på varandra mycket framgår ju klart!

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons jul 22, 2009 6:39 pm 
Noldo
Användarvisningsbild

Jag gillar sättet på vilket Gandalf framställs som alldeles för stor för en Hobbit-håla. Man fattar varför han hälsar på så sällan som han gör även om man bortser från att han är väldigt upptagen. Jag hade inte heller velat slå i huvudet överallt helatiden!

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm 
Maia
Användarvisningsbild

Citera:
Amon Sûl är väl det främsta undantaget. Plus att väldigt många ställen är ljusa trots att de ej skall vara det.
Spot on Fëanor.

Där är vi överens helt klart. Vete tusan vad PJs version av Amon Sûl var för nåt. En låg inte särskilt brant kulle, vars ruiners utseende inte stämde överens med bokens beskrivning:

Citera:
But long before, in the first days of the North Kingdom, they built a great
watch-tower on Weathertop, Amon Sûl they called it. It was burned and
broken, and nothing remains of it now but a tumbled ring, like a rough crown on the old hill's head. Yet once it was tall and fair. It is told that
Elendil stood there watching for the coming of Gil-galad out of the West, in
the days of the Last Alliance.
A Knife in the dark, FOTR

Citera:
The hills drew nearer. They made an undulating ridge, often rising
almost to a thousand feet
, and here and there falling again to low clefts or passes leading into the eastern land beyond.
A Knife in the dark min fetstil.

Det står ju aldrig uttryckligen hur högt AS var beläget men säkerligen låg det på en av de högre kullarna. Dessutom finns detta citat från samma kapitel:
Citera:
On the western flank of Weathertop they found a sheltered hollow, at
the bottom of which there was a bowl-shaped dell with grassy sides. There
they left Sam and Pippin with the pony and their packs and luggage. The
other three went on. After half an hour's plodding climb Strider reached the crown of the hill; Frodo and Merry followed, tired and breathless. The last slope had been steep and rocky. On the top they found, as Strider had said, a wide ring of ancient stonework, now crumbling or covered with age-long grass.

Och så det där med ljussättningen.... finns rätt många exempel på det. Ta Mordor t.ex. där var sikten oftast riktigt dålig men i filmen så ser man i princip allting tydligt. När sällskapet var i Hollin och såg Crebain var det minsann inte ljust i boken; det var Sam och Aragorn som hade vakten den natten och Aragorn väckte inte Gandalf förrns flygfäna dragit förbi.

Jag vill också minnas att Gandalf grå anlände till Isengård sent på kvällen, men i filmen var det ljust.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: ons jul 22, 2009 9:06 pm 
Noldo
Användarvisningsbild

Instämmer, PJ har inte varit överdrivet trogen böckerna om man säger så :roll:

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme