Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre mar 29, 2024 9:02 am

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 21. Vid Morias port, Vattnets väktare
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 6:34 pm 
Redaktionen

<The Fellowship passes south. In the shadow of the ruins of a great aqueduct in the mist and ice of the mountains, Gandalf beckons to Frodo.>

<<Gandalf: Frodo, come and help an old man.>>

<<Gandalf: How is your shoulder?>>

<<Frodo: Better than it was.>>

<<Gandalf: And the Ring?>>

<They look at each other.>

<<Gandalf: You feel its power growing, don't you? I've felt it too. You must be careful now. Evil will be drawn to you from outside the Fellowship. And, I fear, from within.>>

<The shadowy shape of a Fellowship member passes by as the two converse. Gandalf looks up with suspicion, Frodo with fear.>

<<Frodo: Who then do I trust?>>

<<Gandalf: You must trust yourself. Trust your own strengths.>>

<<Frodo (despairingly): What do you mean?>>

<<Gandalf: There are many powers in this world, for Good or for Evil. Some are greater than I am. And against some I have not yet been tested.>>

<They are interrupted by a gasp from Gimli.>

<<Gimli (in awe): The Walls…of Moria!>>

<The Fellowship stands and looks upon a vast cliff face, sheer and brooding, rising above them and before them, away into the mists.>

<<Gimli: Dwarf doors are invisible when closed.>>

<He knocks his axe against a rock.>

<The Fellowship moves along the rock wall, taping and prying, searching hither and thither for a door.>

<<Gandalf: Yes, Gimli, their own masters cannot find them, if their secrets are forgotten.>>

<<Legolas: Why doesn't that surprise me?>>

<Gimli grumbles, but says nothing.>

<A foot splashes into shallow water. Frodo gasps, pulling his leg back, looking up at his surroundings. It’s a great pool beside the rock face, with dead branches bearded with moss hanging damp above the water.>

<Gandalf approaches the rock between two twisted, gnarled trees. The wizard runs his hand over the cliff face.>

<<Gandalf: Now…let’s see. Ithildin —

<Beneath his hand run spidery silver lines, faint beneath the dirt of ages.>

It mirrors only starlight…and moonlight.>>

<He looks up at the black night sky; the moon appears. Framed by the sharp shadows of the two trees, the silvery lines grow bright, shining with sheer white light. They outline a door formed of two columns beneath an arch with a star in the center. Writing in a strange tongue appears in the arch. Gimli stares in awe at the gate of his forefathers. Gandalf explains, pointing with his gnarled staff.>

<<Gandalf: It reads "The Doors of Durin - Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter.">>

<<Merry: What do you suppose that means?>>

<<Gandalf: Oh, it’s quite simple. If you are a friend, you speak the password, and the doors will open.>>

<Gandalf sets his staff’s end upon the glimmering star.>

<<Gandalf: Annon Edhellen, edro hi ammen! (Gate of the Elves, open now for me!)>>

<The Doors remain closed.>

<<Gandalf: <raising his hands> Fennas Nogothrim, lasto beth lammen. (Doorway of the Dwarf-folk, listen to the word of my tongue.)>>

<<Pippin: Nothing's happening.>>

<Gandalf glances at him at him, looking slightly annoyed. He begins to push on the doors, but they remain fast.>

<<Gandalf: I once knew every spell in all the tongues of Elves...Men...and Orcs.>>

<<Pippin (piping up): What are you going to do, then?>>

<<Gandalf (angrily): Knock your head against these doors, Peregrin Took! And if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will try to find the opening words.>>

<Time passes. The rest of the Fellowship is seated around the doors near the lake, waiting for Gandalf to open them. Night is deepening.>

<<Gandalf (sounding weary): Ando Eldarinwa…a lasta quettanya, Fenda Casarinwa… (Gate of Elves…listen to my word, Threshold of Dwarves…)

<<Aragorn: <unhitching the pony’s bridle> The Mines are no place for a pony, even one so brave as Bill.>>

<<Sam (sadly): Buh-bye Bill.>>

<<Aragorn: Go on, Bill, go on. Don’t worry Sam, he knows the way home.>>

<Bill clip-clops down the shore through the night.>

<Merry begins to throw stones into the water. Pippin follows suit but Aragorn stops him.>

<<Aragorn: Do not disturb the water.>>

<<Gandalf (exasperated): Oh, it’s useless!>>

<He drop his staff and sits down beside Frodo, pulling off his hat. Meanwhile, Aragorn and Boromir watch as a ripple runs through the water.>

<Frodo stands up and looks at the writings of the glimmering gateway intently.>

<<Frodo: It’s a riddle.>>

<The water continues to ripple ominously. The rest of the Fellowship watches.>

<<Frodo: Speak "friend" and enter. What’s the Elvish word for friend?>>

<The water shivers again.>

<<Gandalf: Mellon…>>

<The stone doors slowly swing open, rumbling deeply and the Fellowship enters Moria. The wizard places a rough-hewn crystal into the gnarled roots topping his staff; Aragorn follows last, casting a last suspicious glance at the waters.>

<Moonlight floods into a shadowy rock chamber. Led by Gandalf, hat and staff in hand, they more towards the inky blackness at the far end of the chamber.>

<<Gimli: Soon, Master Elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the Dwarves! Roaring fires, malt beer, ripe meat off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin, Balin.>>

<Gandalf brings his hand around his staff, blowing upon the crystal as though to kindled the rock into light. It glows, as though from some inner strength. With its light glimmering like stars in his eyes, Gandalf leans the staff towards the dark halls ahead, throwing into relief dirty, broken stairs and columns, upon which are tumbled many dark forms...>

<<Gimli: And they call it a mine. A mine!>>

<<Boromir: This is no mine, it’s a tomb!>>

<The wizard’s light reveals rotted, broken and battered forms strewn about, casting long shadows across the room. A strangled cry is heard.>

<<Gimli: Oh! No! Noooo!!!>>

<The forms are now clearly corpses.>

<Legolas pulls out an arrow from the body of a fallen Dwarf, examines it and casts it away in disgust.>

<<Legolas: Goblins!>>

<Aragorn and Boromir draw out their swords. Legolas fits an arrow to his bow.>

<<Boromir: We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here.>>

<The four Hobbits are backing toward the door. Something stirs in the water behind them.>

<<Boromir (echoing through the hollow, dead hall): Now get out of here, get out!>>

<The company starts for the door. Suddenly, Frodo is grabbed from behind and pulled off his feet. A long, snaking tentacle pulls him down.>

<<Sam, Merry, and Pippin: Frodo!>>

<<Sam: <turning> Strider!>>

<<Frodo: Help!>>

<<Sam:: <hacks at tentacle> Get off him! Strider!>>

<<Merry: Aragorn!>>

<The Hobbits clutch at Frodo, attempting to keep him away from the water as the tentacles wrap around him. The watching creature at the gate releases Frodo for a split-second, and feigns disappearance under the waters. Suddenly, many tentacles come boiling out of the water, slapping the other Hobbits aside and grabbing Frodo around the leg. He is pulled out over the water and into the air.>

<<Merry: Frodo!>>

<Legolas runs out onto the shore and shoots. His arrow pierces a three-pronged tentacle wrapping itself over Frodo’s face.>

<<Frodo: Strider!>>

<<Strider: Yaghh!>>

<Boromir and Aragorn rush to the water with their swords, and attack the beast. It flings Frodo wildly in the air. Despite the Fellowship‘s efforts, the Hobbit is lowered towards a gapping maw in the water, ringed by fangs, set in a gilled face akin to some ancient kraken with wild, old eyes glistening fish-like from its head. Aragorn slices through the tentacle holding Frodo, who falls into Boromir‘s arms.>

<<Gandalf: Into the Mines!>>

<<Boromir: Legolas!>>

<Aragorn and Boromir retreat. Boromir runs for the gates with Frodo as a huge tentacle uncoils a hand-like appendage, snaking after them. Legolas takes aim.>

<<Aragorn: Into the cave!>>

<Legolas shoots. His arrow runs deep into the beast‘s right eye, and it recoils for a moment with a roar.>

<<Aragorn: Run!>>

<As the Fellowship race into Moria, the sea creature reaches out and slams the gates shut. Slabs of rocks drop and the roof of the passageway collapses, crumbling. The Fellowship stares back in fear as the last rays of moonlight are obliterated. Total darkness falls.>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik: Re: 21. Vid Morias port, Vattnets väktare
InläggPostat: sön dec 21, 2003 5:32 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Kraken är så söt!

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön dec 21, 2003 5:44 pm 
High King of the Noldor
Användarvisningsbild

shelob skrev:
Kraken är så söt!

Kraken?

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön dec 21, 2003 6:39 pm 
Redaktionen

Kraken är ett gammalt namn på bläckfiskliknande sjömonster. Tolkien använder det aldrig, men namnet passar ganska bra på Vattnets Väktare.

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: sön dec 21, 2003 7:01 pm 
High King of the Noldor
Användarvisningsbild

Ok. Då har man lärt sig något idag.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: tor dec 25, 2003 7:12 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Danne skrev:
Kraken är ett gammalt namn på bläckfiskliknande sjömonster. Tolkien använder det aldrig, men namnet passar ganska bra på Vattnets Väktare.
I vissa böcker angående Tolkiens litterära storverk står det beskrivet att den stora bläckfisken kallas Kraken, även om Tolkien aldrig lät den kallas det i den första delen av
"Lord of the Rings"

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre dec 26, 2003 12:38 am 
Vala
Användarvisningsbild

Jag tycker inte riktigt om den bläckfiskliknande varelsen. Men de har lyckats bra med effekterna! Till exempel då dess tentakler blir avskurna, och den lyfter upp Frodo m.m.

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 7 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme