Tolkiens Arda – Sveriges stora Tolkienforum

Välkommen till Sveriges stora Tolkienforum! Klicka här för att gå till förstasidan.
Aktuellt datum och tid: tis apr 16, 2024 6:54 pm

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 13 inlägg ] 
Författare Meddelande
 Inläggsrubrik: 15. Gandalf och Elrond, Isildur, Aragorn och Boromir
InläggPostat: tor dec 18, 2003 6:20 pm 
Redaktionen

<Gandalf and Elrond watch Frodo and Sam from the balcony in Elrond's study.>

<<Elrond: His strength returns.>>

<<Gandalf: That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it the rest of his life.>>

<<Elrond: And yet to have come so far, still bearing the Ring, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil.>>

<Elrond walks over to his desk and pours wine.>

<<Gandalf: It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo.>>

<<Elrond: <turns to confront Gandalf> Gandalf, the enemy is moving. Sauron's forces are massing in the east-- his eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman you tell me has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin.>>

<<Gandalf: His treachery runs deeper than you know. By foul craft Saruman has crossed Orcs with goblin-men, he's breeding an army in the caverns of Isengard. An army that can move in sunlight and cover great distance at speed. Saruman is coming for the Ring.>>

<<Elrond: This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves. We do not have the strength to fight both Mordor and Isengard!>>

<Gandalf moves away, deep in thought.>

<<Elrond: Gandalf, the Ring cannot stay here.>>

<Gandalf stands at Elrond's window, looks out and sees a group of new arrivals in the garden. A man, an Elf and companions, and a party of Dwarves all dismount and stare around them in wonder.>

<<Elrond: This peril belongs to all Middle-earth. They must decide now how to end it. The time of the Elves is over-- my people are leaving these shores. Who will you look to when we've gone? The Dwarves? They hide in their mountains seeking riches-- they care nothing for the troubles of others .>>

<<Gandalf: It is in Men that we must place our hope.>>

<<Elrond (scathing): Men? Men are weak .>>

<Elrond takes his glass and wanders through his house as Gandalf follows. It is a beautiful house, full of wooden paneling and ancient statues and artefacts.>

<<Elrond: The race of Men is failing. The blood of Numenor is all but spent, its pride and dignity forgotten. It is because of Men the Ring survives. I was there Gandalf. I was there three thousand years ago … >>

<Flashback to Isildur slicing the Ring off Sauron’s hand and holding up the Ring.>

<<Elrond: . . . when Isildur took the Ring. I was there the day the strength of Men failed.>>

<Elrond and Isildur stand on the slopes of Mount Doom. The volcano roars and gushes fire above them.>

<<Elrond: Isildur - hurry. Follow me.>>

<<Elrond (v/over): I led Isildur into the heart of Mount Doom, where the Ring was forged, the one place it could be destroyed.>>

<Elrond stands near the cracks of Doom, on the same spot where Sauron first held up the One Ring in triumph.>

<<Elrond: Cast it into the fire!>>

<Isildur looks at the Ring in his hand. The Ring whispers to him.>

<<Elrond: Destroy it!>>

<<Isildur (smiles in sly triumph): No.>>

<Isildur walks away.>

<<Elrond: Isildur!!!>>

<<Elrond: (v/over): It should’ve ended that day, but evil was allowed to endure.>>

<<Elrond: Isildur kept the Ring. The line of kings is broken. There is no strength left in the world of Men. They’re scattered, divided, leaderless.>>

<<Gandalf: There is one who could unite them, one who could reclaim the throne of Gondor.>>

<<Elrond: He turned from that path long time ago. He has chosen exile.>>

<Evening has fallen. Strider is seated on the terrace reading a book. Footsteps echo on the stone floor. The man who arrived earlier enters and pauses in front of a battle-piece of Isildur, with broken sword raised against Sauron. He regards the painting intently, then, conscious of another presence, turns and sees Strider.>

<<Man: You are no Elf!>>

<<Strider: The Men of the South are welcome here.>>

<<Man: Who are you?>>

<<Strider: I am a friend to Gandalf the Grey.>>

<<Man: Then we are here on a common purpose . . . (he smiles) . . . friend .>>

<The Man seems puzzled by Strider's reluctance to reveal his identity, but smiles again good-naturedly and turns to the Lady's shrine opposite the wall painting. He sees the broken sword lying there. He picks up the haft, shifting it in his hand, testing its weight and feel as a warrior would, and stares at the blade.>

<<Man: The shards of Narsil! The blade that cut the ring from Sauron's hand!>>

<He runs his finger up the blade and cuts himself.>

<<Man (in amazement): It's still sharp!>>

<Turns to look at Strider who is watching him.>

<<Man (in disdain): But no more than a broken heirloom!>>

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre aug 06, 2004 10:23 pm 
Maia
Användarvisningsbild

jag tycker att den här scenen är bra speciellt i den förlängda versionen av filmen, speciellt när Strider och Boromir möts!!!

"There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it."
—Voldemort

I never expected that conducting a campaign of organized terrorism would be so morally uplifting.
/Viridian

Profil Skicka e-post  

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: mån aug 09, 2004 10:58 am 
Creator of stars
Användarvisningsbild

Ja den är bättre och utförligare.

And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter

Inläggsrubrik:
InläggPostat: fre aug 13, 2004 2:41 am 
Snaga
Användarvisningsbild

får en bättre helhetskänsla av hela intro-striden och Vattnadals och framför allt aragorn och boromirs "fientlighet"...känns mer troget boken...

Inläggsrubrik: Re: 15. Gandalf och Elrond, Isildur, Aragorn och Boromir
InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 12:12 am 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

<<Elrond: Cast it into the fire!>>
<Isildur looks at the Ring in his hand. The Ring whispers to him.>
<<Elrond: Destroy it!>>
<<Isildur (smiles in sly triumph): No.>>
<Isildur walks away.>
<<Elrond: Isildur!!!>>

Det här är kanske en av filmens bästa scener! Isildur är tyvärr grovt överspelad men Hugo Weavings spel som Elrond ger mig gåshud.
Hans vrål känns både rasande och vanmäktigt, just som det borde gestaltats.
Jag tycker han låter ytterst nordisk i sitt utal av någon orsak, nej inte minsta svengelskt utan mer dialektalt, och jag känner bitterheten! :) :(

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm 
The Shipwright of the Teleri
Användarvisningsbild

Jo, det är en bra scen, men jag undrar alltid varför Elrond står längst ut. Han borde ha hållt bättre koll på Isildur kan man tycka.

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 5:36 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Han borde KNUFFAT I Isildur :D :evil:

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 10:41 pm 
Användarvisningsbild

Ja, det borde han verkligen ha gjort, om han stått mellan Isildur och utgången :wink: For the greater good. Det hade besparat Midgård mycket bekymmer...
Hur gick det här till i böckerna? Vad står skrivet? Var Isildur så nära att slänga i Ringen och var Elrond med?

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 10:44 pm 
Maia
Användarvisningsbild

I boken så var de inte vid Sammath Naur (vilket återberättades vid Elronds råd). Där står bara att Elrond och Círdan försökte övertala Isildur, men att han inte ville lyssna utan tänkte ta ringen som en mansbot för sin far och sin bror.

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 10:53 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Det blev väl lite mer effektfullt och dramaturgiskt korrekt att visa platsen där den skapades så mkt som möjligt - så att folk känner igen det när de ser film 3.

Jag skulle verkligen älskat en sådan scen (inte filmad tänker jag då), med Elrond och Cirdan som håller i armar och ben och bär upp en gormandes korrupt isildur till Domedagsberget och sonika kastar ner honom! :D

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: mån jan 17, 2011 10:58 pm 
Maia
Användarvisningsbild

Ngugi skrev:
Det blev väl lite mer effektfullt och dramaturgiskt korrekt att visa platsen där den skapades så mkt som möjligt - så att folk känner igen det när de ser film 3.

Det där är faktiskt en filmändring som jag kan försvara, om man nu redan har bestämt att en filmatisering inte behöver följa boken till punkt och pricka om det kan innebära en stor dramaturgisk förbättring att göra en ändring, så länge ändringen inte gör handlingen mindre logisk.

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: tis jan 18, 2011 1:37 pm 
Användarvisningsbild

Ngugi skrev:

Jag skulle verkligen älskat en sådan scen (inte filmad tänker jag då), med Elrond och Cirdan som håller i armar och ben och bär upp en gormandes korrupt isildur till Domedagsberget och sonika kastar ner honom! :D

Eller om Sam hade gjort det: :)
"I can't throw it in for you, Mister Frodo. But I can throw in you!"

Håller med om att den filmändringen var bra. Man ser platsen där allt ska avslutas och förstår vad Frodo måste gå igenom så småningom.

Profil Skicka e-post  

InläggPostat: tis jan 18, 2011 6:08 pm 
Sinda
Användarvisningsbild

Citera:
Eller om Sam hade gjort det

Tror inte Sam vunnit samma uppskattning hos läsarkretsen då haha

Men för övrigt, medan Elrond går runt och talar om allt detta så får vi se lite av lokalerna.
är dte inte någon mer som blir sugen på att få en närbild på allt? Sakll tydligen finns mkt godsaker där, t.ex. målningar från flertalet av Midgårds viktigare händelser på väggarna (medan vi bara får se Sauron och Isldur).
Mer detaljnörderi, por favor! :)

Profil Skicka e-post  

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 13 inlägg ] 

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme